Air Jordan XX8: The 28th edition. Designed for the 2012-2013 NBA Season, first worn by Russell Westbrook of the Oklahoma City Thunder. NOTE: It will be available on February 15, 2013
The AIR JORDAN XX8 continues to inherit inspirational cues from the legacy of Michael Jordan combining innovative technology and premium materials set to inspire those that consider themselves the best at their level.
The AIR JORDAN XX8 boasts an ultra-modern stealth design for elite performance including more technological advances than any AIR JORDAN to date. The AIR JORDAN XX8 – the most tested and lightest AIR JORDAN ever – has an industry-changing first: the Jordan Flight Plate, a Pebax® moderator plate that maximizes the responsiveness of the Nike Zoom units through compression and deflection for optimal performance by essentially unlocking the airbags in the forefoot and heel, unleashing the power of the Zoom bags.
Also featured in The AIR JORDAN XX8 is Dynamic Fit technology that uses internal straps to wrap up from the midsole and integrate with the laces for lightweight support that moves with the foot providing additional lockdown support and comfort. (via Nike.com)
Inspired by the concept of stealth, Air Jordan XX8 Boasts an ultra modern design for elite performance. This revolutionary new basketball shoe features innovative flight plate technology to help elevate your game.
The Air Jordans XX8 shoes feature:
- Stretch synthetic textile with a high-performance zipper offers support and a clean, modern look.
- Dynamic fit technology uses straps that wrap up from the midsole and integrate with the laces for lightweight support that moves with the foot.
Sandwich mesh full-inner sleeve enhances ventilation and helps reduce irritation.
- Padded Achilles notch adds comfort and helps reduce slipping in the heel.
- Molded, external heel counter will be offered in carbon fiber for lightweight support.
- Pull tab on the heel for ease of entry.
- Proproceptive 8-inch collar provides a supportive feel and integrates the shoe with the athlete for a visually distinct look.
- Multidirectional outsole pattern offers excellent traction and durability for the hardwood court.
- Phylon carrier provides stability and support.
- Flight plate technology uses a Pebax (TM) Moderator Plate that maximizes the responsiveness of the Nike Zoom units through compression and deflection for optimal performance.
- Carbon fiber Shank provides torsional rigidity and lightweight support for quick cuts.
- Solid or Translucent rubber outsole, depending on the colorway, provides durability.